As a business that is all about the shared enjoyment of entertainment, Cinema Cafe holds the safety of our guests and employees in the highest regard, especially in this time of heightened concern over Coronavirus (COVID-19). For the safety of our community and in alignment with the government’s recommendations, Cinema Cafe made the difficult decision to temporarily close on Wednesday, March 18th. With the inclusion of movie theaters in Governor Northam’s Phase Three, we are thrilled to reopen our doors beginning Friday, August 7th.
We have been hard at work preparing for our guests' return, ensuring that everyone can have safe, clean fun once again at Cinema Cafe. Our reopening plan will follow the guidelines, as outlined below, from state and city offices and are subject to change. In the interest of keeping our guests and crew as safe as possible and providing the high quality experience our guests have come to expect, the reopening of our locations will be staggered. The Edinburgh location in Chesapeake and the Pembroke Meadows location in Virginia Beach will be the first to open on August 7th. The Riverdale and Greenbrier locations will follow suit in the coming weeks. The opening of the Kemps River location is still to be determined, following completion of their conversion to recliner seating.
We are eager to open our doors once again, continue to support our communities, provide employment to our crew members, and provide the fun, safe environment that Cinema Cafe is known for.
- Handwashing: All crew members must properly and frequently wash their hands. Hands must be washed between any and every change of gloves.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing:
- We will make certain that our restrooms are clean and in good repair. Restrooms will be checked and cleaned frequently. Additional detail cleaning will occur overnight and again checked before opening. All surfaces will be cleaned using EPA approved cleaning products and viral resistant sanitizers followed by inspection.
- High-contact surfaces (door handles, counter tops, faucets, railings, etc.) will be wiped down with sanitizing agents regularly.
- Physical Distancing: Floor decals and signage will be used and placed 6 ft. apart to designate where people should stand and wait in line for tickets.
- Stay Home if You are Sick: Crew members showing symptoms of illness must remain at home and will not be allowed back at work for a minimum of 14 days with medical clearance.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): All crew members must wear the required PPE and adhere to all CDC recommended standards of use of such equipment at all times. Protective equipment will be provided by Cinema Cafe at no cost to crew members.
Initial Opening Protocols
- Symptom Disclosure: Crew will be asked upon entry, if in the past 14-days, have they or anyone in their household experienced any symptoms of illness such as fever, chills, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- PPE: Masks will be required for all crew in direct contact with guests. Guests (age 10 and up) are required by Virginia Executive Order to wear masks when they are not eating or drinking, including: entering, exiting, traveling through, and spending time inside a Cinema Cafe location.
- Box Office & Ticketing: In an effort to reduce touch points, online ticket purchases are strongly encouraged. An automatic two-seat buffer between parties is built into our ticket-selling system.
- Food Service & Menus: Menu may be limited, and is subject to change based on availability of supplies. Disposable paper menus will be provided. Guests can also view the full menu online at CinemaCafe.com.
- Auditorium Occupancy & Distancing:
- To ensure social distancing, automatic two-seat spacing between parties to create minimum 6 ft. on either side has been implemented, in addition to the built-in 7 ft distancing between rows.
- Parties of 2 or more from the same household may sit together.
- Auditorium maximum occupancy limited to 50% capacity or less.
As new executive orders and guidelines are issued by the Virginia Governor’s office, our protocols may evolve. Our administrative crew will continue working to answer any questions or concerns, and monitor this situation as it develops. Please feel free to reach out to us at 523-SHOW(7469) or email@example.com, and check CinemaCafe.com for updates. Our fans have been incredibly supportive during these trying times, and anxious for updates. We want you to know: we appreciate you and can't wait to see you back at the movies!